This is a very famous north indian dish. It tastes very rich and delicious.
cooking time : 20 minutes
preparation time : 30 minutes
paneer : 250 gm
onion : 1(blended)
tomato puree : 2 tablespoon
ginger-garlic paste: 1 tablespoon
butter : 3 tablespoon
milk : 1/2 cup
fresh cream : 2 tablespoon
poppy seeds : 1 teaspoon
decicated coconut: 1 tablespoon
cinnamon stick : 1 inch
cloves : 2
bay leaf : 1
chilly powder :1 teaspoon
turmeric powder: 1/4 teaspoon
corriander powder : 1/2 teaspoon
cumin powder: 1/2 teaspoon
salt: to taste
garam masala powder : 1 teaspoon
finely chopped corriander for garnish
1. First cut the paneer into medium flat pieces and keep aside.
2.In a small pan roast coconut and poppy seeds till the colour chnages .
3.Make a fine power of coconut , poppy seeds,cinnamon stick,clove and cardamom in a mixture.
4.Heat 2 tablespoon of butter in a heavy bottom pan.
5.Add bay leaf , then onion paste and fry it for sometime, then add ginger-garlic paste and again fry till the colour changes to golden brown.
6. Add chilli podwer, termeric powder , all masala powders and salt to taste and then add tomato puree , fry 2 minutes.
7. Add milk and fresh cream and keep it on low flame for 2 minutes ,if required add water as per you like greavy.
8. Add paneer and remaining butter and garam masala to the greavy .
9. Garnish with chopped corriander .
10. Serve hot with simple chapati or naan.